City of St Joseph Parks and Recreation
Skip to nav
Howard Ice Arena Stick & Puck Policies and Procedures
- Stick &Puck is intended for players to just skate and work on individual skill development, and most importantly to have FUN. No (semi-) organized games!
- Organized play is not allowed.Organized play is defined as scrimmaging, or continuous play. Practicing set plays is acceptable, and organized drills are acceptable. Set plays have a distinct beginning and end while scrimmaging does not
- No private lessons, team practices, scrimmaging, checking and aggressive play
- A limited number of pucks are available for use from the rental counter. If bringing your own puck it must be a markless puck. No weighted pucks are allowed as they can damage the glass
- Equipment required: 13 & Up - Hockey Helmet, Hockey Gloves and Stick, 12 & Under- Must wear Full Equipment
- Players must read and sign a waiver. (Parent must sign if under 18)
- Parents may be on the ice with Children under 12. (Parent must wear a helmet)
- If there are a wide range of skill levels on the ice, a large number of skaters and/or very young skaters, Howard Ice Arena Staff may decide to divide the ice up.
- During Stick & Puck sessions the ice monitor will oversee the function and make a judgment as to the fairness and safety of the activities. The decision of the monitor must be respected and followed. Participants not following the monitors direction will be asked to leave the ice.
- For safety the Maximum number of skaters allowed on the ice during Stick and Puck = 50.